The counsel of trust and security industry
The French security industry formed the Conseil des Industriels de la Confiance et de la Sécurité (Trust and Security Industry Council) in 2013 to promote new programmes in France and internationally that help to develop professional expertise and support jobs.
The companies making up the security industry provide services, solutions and technologies to protect governments, society, the economy and the population from hostile acts and natural risks. The CICS was set up to coordinate all the industry players in the security sector in France.
In the highly fragmented security industry, the mission of the CICS is to act as a single point of contact for government authorities, coordinate member organisations to develop common positions on security matters, and promote those positions at the national and European levels.
CICS has three key priorities:
- understand the security industry’s medium-term capability requirements
- develop a shared vision of the industrial policies, in France and at the European level, that will support the technological component of the security industry, help it to conquer export markets, and protect sovereign technologies
- optimise public and private R&D spending at the French and European levels, with a particular focus on technology demonstrators, which play a crucial role in presenting innovative solutions to operators
The CICS has several objectives:
- represent the security industry in its interactions with government authorities
- identify future issues and develop structured, innovative, tangible responses
- play a thought leadership role on strategic questions, topics affecting the entire security industry and matters addressed by the joint committee for the security sector (COFIS)
The members of the CICS are trade associations representing companies involved in the security industry:
- FIEEC (founding member)
- GIFAS (founding member)
- GICAN (founding member)
- GICAT (founding member)
- FFMI (associate member)
- USP Technologies (associate member)
All security industry associations are eligible for CICS membership. Individual companies are not admitted.